Below are lists and links of all relevant academic presentations, invited lectures, workshops, capacity building events and public outreach events related to the ExiLives project.
- Online project presentation in the Graduierten Kolleg of Prof. Dr Jan Lazardzig, Freie Universität Berlin, Institut für Theaterwissenschaft, 11 February 2021.
- Online project presentation, “Exiled Lives on the Stage: Turkey’s Artists at the Crossroads of New Aesthetic Practices of New Aesthetic Practices and Political Subjectivities” at IFTR World Congress 2021, Theatre Ecologies: Environments, Sustainability and Politics, Political Performances Working Group, National University of Ireland, Galway, 12 July 2021.
- Online paper presentation at Doğuş University via Zoom, entitled “Being Permanently Temporary: Affect and Archiving Exiled Lives on the Stage”, IICCCS 2021: International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Cultural and Critical Studies, 5 May 2021.
- Online paper presentation, “Framing or Being Framed? Questions on Exilic Theatre and Podcasting”, at Inquiring Healing Across Screen Cultures: Recuperating Narratives, Mediums, and Creativities Conference, organized by Dr Özgür Çiçek and Dr Özlem Savaş, 1 June 2021.
- Online paper presentation, “Being Permanently Temporary: Questions on a ‘Counter-Archive’ in the Making”, ASCA research group Crisis, Critique and Futurity led by Prof. Dr Maria Boletsi and Dr Eva Fotiadi, University of Amsterdam via Zoom, 18 June 2021.
- Special Issue Presentation (Roundtable), Issue 4, “Activism and Spectatorship”, European Journal of Theatre and Performance, 5th EASTAP Conference, Theatrical Mind: Authorship, Staging and Beyond, Piccolo Theatre and University of Milan, 25 May 2022.
- Paper presentation, “Exiled Lives on the Stage: Some Policy Recommendations regarding Support and Selfcare of Turkish Artists at Risk in Germany and Europe”, IFTR World Congress 2022, Shifting Centres: In the Middle of Nowhere, Political Performances Working Group, University of Iceland & Iceland University of the Arts, Reykyavik, Iceland, 24 June 2022.
- Paper presentation and curated panel, “Exiled Lives: Theatre Practices and Networks for Turkey‘s Displaced Artists in Germany, U.K. and The Netherlands”, 15. Kongress der Gesellschaft für Theaterwissenschaft, Matters of Urgency, Freie Universität Berlin, 29 September 2022.
- Invited talk with project results, “Sahnede Sürgün Yaşamlar: Göçmenlik Deneyimi Coğrafyaları ve Estetik Kendini-Şekilendirme” (Exiled Lives on the Stage: Geographies of Migrant Experience and Aesthetic Self-Fashioning), Talk Series: Modern Türkiye Tiyatrosu: Kökler, Saçaklar, Uğraklar, invited by Dr Eylem Ejder and Reha Keskin, İBB Atatürk Kitaplığı Konferans Salonu, Gümüşsuyu / Taksim, 3 February 2023.
- Keynote presentation of project results, “Exiled Lives on the Stage: Geographies of Migrant Experience and Aesthetic Self-Fashioning”, final outreach festival, Exiled Lives on the Stage: Practices of Self-Fashioning, Archiving and Decolonization, Hotel Continental Art Space in Exile, Berlin, 24 February 2023.
- Online lecture in the BA module, Theatre and Human Rights Activism, ArtEZ University of the Arts in Arnhem in the course, on invitation by Dr Fabiola Camuti and Ines Sauer, 3 December 2020.
- Online lecture, “Caring is (Be-)Waring: Censorship in Theatre vs. Performative Resilience in Turkey”, Humanities Honours Programme of University of Utrecht on the theme of Freedom vs. Restriction, 25 May 2021
- Guest lectures, “How Did We Get Here?”, in BA module Artivism at University College Groningen, organized by Dr Marline L. Wilders, 22 March 2021, 7 March 2022, 1 March 2023.
Workshops and Capacity Building Events
- Online Conference Workshop: Book Projects “Theatres of Resilience” and “Imagining an Alternative Turkey”, in collaboration with Dr Eylem Ejder and Dr Deniz Başar, on BlueJeans, 6-8 July 2022.
- Theatre Workshop, “Critical Theatre Strategies, Listening Modes & Exercises” at Arcola Theatre, London, 27 October 2022.
- Theatre Workshop, “Dîwan” with Mîrza Metîn, Hotel Continental Art Space in Exile, 20, 21 and 23 February 2023.
- Workshop: “Opportunities in Exile: Fundings and Cooperations to Get Started” with Ece Pazarbaşı (in cooperation with the information center of the Performing Arts Program Berlin), Hotel Continental Art Space in Exile, 24 February 2023.
- Network Event: “Getting Started or: How to Cope with the Challenges of a New Start in a New System?” with Neslihan Arol (in cooperation with the information center of the Performing Arts Program Berlin), Hotel Continental Art Space in Exile, 24 February 2023.
Public Outreach Events
- Artist Roundtable, “Exiled Lives on the Stage: Questions of Networks, Affects and Aesthetics” with Memet Ali Alabora, Mîrza Metîn and Kawa Nemir, with Musical Acts by Emrah Gökmen and translations by Ilknur Bilir, Engelnest Berlin, 29 September 2022.
- Artist Roundtable and Public Podcast Recording, “Exiled Lives on the Stage: Matters of Censorship, Resilience and Self-Care through the Arts”, with Barış Celiloğlu, Naz Yeni, Koray Can Yanaşık, Arcola Theatre, London, 25 October 2022.
- Festival with Project Results, Roundtables, Workshops, Network Event, Concert and Art Exhibition, “Exiled Lives on the Stage: Practices of Self-Fashioning, Archiving and Decolonization”, Hotel Continental Art Space in Exile, 21-24 February 2023.